What is your favorite sport?

Thursday, November 20, 2008


In my opinion, the internet is a wonderful thing to have. Recently a new study by the MacArthur Foundation, also agrees. Parents have many types of different views about the internet. Some of the negative views about the internet include predators, kidnapping, and even harmful events occurring. The internet may have some negative effects, but it also has many positive affects. Some good affects of the internet include staying in touch with people, research, and in general just finding out useful information. After reading the New York Time article, about teenager’s internet socializing, I think more adults and parents will understand that the internet is a good thing. Most parents see the internet as dangerous or harmful, but they don’t understand that it really isn’t. The internet can be a dangerous place, but it could also be safe. I think most parents need to realize that the internet does help friends stay in touch, and the internet does help children with homework. The internet is a great thing, but most parents don’t seem to understand why. Not only is the internet good for homework, or contacting people, it also allows you to play many games, view the news, and much more. In my opinion the internet has a great affect on kids today. I think the internet is good because I use it everyday to connect with my friends. I also use it for schoolwork, such as studying, or doing research. The interent not only helps me, but I think it helps everyone. Overall I enjoyed reading this article. I think if parents understand how great the internet really is, they won’t be as hesitant to let there kids use it.

No comments: